Diet beneficial for high blood sugar and Diabetes-
- Purslane seeds, seed of bottle ground & fenugreek, string beans, cucumber, onion, garlic, Indian gooseberry, jambul fruit, grapes, black gram.
Diet to be avoided-
- White sugar, honey, cake, jelly, chocolates, fried food, cheese, Finely milled wheat flour, Junk food , sweet fruits, potato, smoking & alcohol, egg yolk, high fat meal.
Do’s and Don'ts‘
- Eat every 2-3 hours in small quantities rather than eating 3 large meals..
- Include complex carbohydrate like whole wheat, ragi, jowar, brown rice, oats etc. They release sugar slowly and help keep insulin levels in check.
- Aim for 25 gram of fiber per day through your diet to maintain blood glucose levels. Add vegetables and whole grains to your diet..
- Switch to herbal tea instead of caffeinated tea and coffee..
- Opt for low fat dairy products over full fat products